What We Offer, from Light Bridges and Hidden Media Systems to Hand-applied Finishes, Curved Specialty Cabinets and Carved Stove Hoods
- Custom cabinet doors, dovetail drawer boxes and moldings of any style and specification made in-house from individually ground knives, a process unique to the industry.
- Mantle pieces and wall paneling featuring plinth and capitol details, dental crowns, fluted columns, and panelized and fluted pilasters.
- Radius and curved cabinet faces for specialty cabinets.
- Light bridges and eyebrow canopies over kitchen work areas.
- Hoods of wood, copper, imported stone, and plaster, detailed as requested with carvings, corbels, inlays, and custom stainless inserts.
- Media rooms complete with product engineering for panelized wall systems with blind doors, big screen “swing out systems,” “black out shades,” and integrated lighting systems.
- Premium woods and fancy-faced architectural veneers, handpicked for evenness of color and grain.
- Woods from well-managed forests, independently certified in accordance with the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Restoration timber from reclaimed barn beams milled to your architectural details.
- Custom hand-applied glazed, toned, highlighted, mottled, crackled, or linen finishes, from dark and moody Georgian to whitewashed rustic topped with the durability of two part catalyzed conversion varnish or wool-lubed rubbed effect lacquer.
- Rusted iron, solid brass, or oil rubbed bronze hardware American-made or French imported.
- Premium architectural drawings and detailing through AutoCAD plans, elevations, and section details.
See “Midland’s New Cutting-edge Tool” to learn more about our state-of-the-art fabrication equipment.
Locally made in our fabrication facility in San Carlos, CA, Midland’s cabinetry is free from a range of noxious, toxic chemicals, including formaldehyde. We use low-VOC (volatile organic compound) glues, finishes, and stains, and we offer fine wood certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). Using a high-power vacuum system, sawdust in our shop is collected and recycled.